Parboiled potatoes in your refrigerator means you can make these amazing potatoes in about 20 minutes – now that’s a great homemade breakfast (or lunch, or “breakfast-for-dinner”). Top with a fried egg or two for something really decadent. Going a step further, toss some pieces of Artisan Charcuterie’s chorizo in with the onions and peppers…the options are about endless. Relax and have fun cooking!
- parboiled potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- onion, diced
- small sweet (or hot, you choose) peppers, sliced, seeds removed
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy, 9-inch (or larger) skillet, heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook another couple minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook until crispy, about 15 - 20 minutes, turning every now and then with a spatula, using care to preserve the crispy surfaces you're making.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with fried eggs.
Ripe Food & Wine | http://www.ripefoodandwine.com | Amy Andrews email@example.com