Here’s a green smoothie to add to your line-up, something I adapted from Urban Remedy. Mint and baby spinach are the fresh items, and you’ll also want a frozen banana and a sweetener of your choice, I like to use a couple medjool dates. If you like your smoothies on the thicker side, add a couple handfuls of ice cubes before blending.
Mint Chip Smoothie
adapted from Urban Remedy
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 6–8 sprigs mint, leaves plucked from stem
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs Navitas
- 1 or 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 handfuls ice cubes
Add all ingredients into a powerful blender and purée.
Recipe Notes / Tips
- My favorite non-dairy milks are unsweetened so that I can control sweetness on my own depending on what I'm making. Favorite brands: So Delicious coconut, Califia almond, and Oatly oat.
- I'm not a stevia fan, so I use a pitted Medjool date or two to sweeten my shakes and smoothies.
- When your banana supply is getting freckly, peel them and put them into a freezer bag. Use them from frozen in smoothies or defrost and add to banana bread.