Dense and chocolatey, yet lighter than a full-dairy budino or pot de crème and way easier to make! If you’re having a chocolate pudding craving, I bet this will satisfy. Patience does pay off here, so don’t skimp on the refrigerator chill.
an update of my “Mocha-Maca Budino” in name and photo only, same great recipe.
Mocha Maca Budino with Silken Tofu
enough to fill 6 half-cup ramekins, or several more smaller cups
- 12 ounces silken tofu I like Morinaga brand, in the shelf-stable packaging
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, wafers or chopped bar use bittersweet chocolate not chocolate chips for best results.
- 2 tbsp maca powder optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch or two of salt I like Maldon
- 1 shot espresso, cooled to room temperature about 2 tablespoons
Using either a double boiler or simply a bowl set in a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Sift in the maca powder, and stir to combine.
Place the tofu, chocolate + maca, vanilla, and salt in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine, then with the motor running, drizzle in the cooled espresso and purée until smooth. Pour into individual serving ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.