My friend with twin babies is finally cooking again after a year of frozen meals and survival mode. As I sat in her chair getting my hair done last month, she whipped out her phone and showed me her list of Fall dinners she planned to make—apple and bacon risotto was the one that really got me swooning.
A steamy bowl of polenta, roasted squash, dark leafy greens, slow cooked pork, and chili with melted cheese are some of my favorite things to cook in Autumn. Here’s are some Fall favorites from the recipe archive at RIPE. I hope you’ll cook something wonderful for yourself!
Fall Dinner Ideas from Amy at RIPE:
- Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- Chalupa (Slow Cooker, great for a crowd)
- Garlic-Chile Ground Pork and Rice Bowls
- Indian Butter Chicken (Slow Cooker)
- Roasted Kabocha Squash with Curried Chickpeas
- Winter Squash, Chorizo and Kale Frittata
- Crimson Lentil & Squash Curry (Slow Cooker)
- Farro with Butternut Squash and Chestnuts
- Black Bean Soup (make some Sweet Potato Fries to go with it!)
- Turkey Chili (or Beef, Bison, Venison, Elk or mix)
- Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker)