A text with a friend yesterday reminded me to post some of my “just stir it together” favorites, and give them a home on my blog. Egg salad is one of those things. And if you still have Easter eggs, now is the time!
makes about a pint, about 3 servings
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cold and peeled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise Best Foods
- 2 tbsp sour cream optional, substitute more mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Edmund Fallot
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
serve with cornichons on a sandwich or as a salad with butter lettuce and other tender greens or herbs
Cut eggs in half and remove the yolks to a bowl. Add mayonnaise, optional sour cream (if you skip it, substitute more mayo or Greek yogurt, whatever you wish), Dijon mustard, and using a fork, stir everything together until smooth.
Chop egg whites and add to the creamy yolks with the celery. Sprinkle with salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Keeps refrigerated 2 or 3 days.
Recipe Notes / Tips
- Use cold hard boiled eggs. Here's how I like to do it, 12 minutes steamed.
- You can make this egg salad more or less creamy by adjusting the amount of mayonnaise and/or other dressing ingredients.
- Nice but not necessary: add some chopped pickled onion, chives, parsley, and/or cornichons.