Another slaw just right for summer BBQs. Recipe from my time with French Fridays with Dorie, an international group that cooked its way through Dorie Greenspan’s fantastic cookbook, Around My French Table.
Grated Carrot Salad
Recipe adapted from "Café-Style Grated Carrot Salad" by Dorie Greenspan, Around My French Table
- 1 lb carrots peeled
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil, walnut oil, or canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard Edmond Fallot is the best!
- 1 tbsp honey
- a couple pinches salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- currants or raisins a couple tbsp
- walnuts toasted, a couple tbsp
- parsley leaves chopped (a little or a lot, your choice)
Grate the carrots, using the large holes of a box grater or the large grating blade of your food processor.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a glass measuring cup or jar.
Toss the carrots with the currants or raisins, walnuts, and parsley. Just before serving, drizzle with the dressing and toss well.