Think peanut sauce without the peanuts, and way more probiotics. Use it on cabbage slaw and serve with chicken satay, sushi, or potstickers for a simple meal. Toss a couple spoonfuls with freshly cooked buckwheat soba – good hot or chilled for lunch. Thin it with water and drizzle over rice bowls loaded with veggies. Of course you can also make a great pot of miso soup. Look for it in the refrigerated section of your grocery.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup seed or nut butter (I like sunflower or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons juice)
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add additional water by the tablespoon if it is too thick. Store in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator.