Harvest Gold Lentils from Timeless turn into a golden-yellow purée you can enjoy as a soup, use for dipping bread (or papadums), or for spooning over rice. Spend a couple minutes chopping an onion, the garlic and grating ginger and you’re basically there in 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ cups gold lentils (8 oz.), rinsed and soaked
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 14.5 oz. can chopped tomatoes (or ½ box Pomi)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. ghee or olive oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. red chile flakes
- 2 inches peeled & finely grated ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Rinse lentils with water until it runs clear, then let them soak in water while you gather the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic & turmeric and cook another minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes more. Add drained lentils, 4 cups water, salt and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Make Tadka: Heat ghee/oil over medium heat in small frying pan. Add mustard seeds and cook for a couple minutes, the seeds will begin popping. Add chile flakes, ginger, & cumin and cook for a couple minutes more. Stir entire mixture into cooked lentils.