Posted by Amy Andrews

Categories Appetizers & Snacks, Cheese, Eggs

Comments 14 comments

Muenster Cheese Soufflés w/French Fridays with Dorie

Muenstercheesesouffle

It’s French Friday!  And it is cheese soufflé for lunch time!  (I’m really enjoying this cooking group, French Fridays with Dorie.  I’ve found that it’s a good way to reset your priorites.  :))

Cheese soufflés must have originated with the aristocracy, as there is quite a lot of dishwashing involved after you enjoy your decadent eggs.  Is it worth it?  Certainly!  Will I do it every week?  No; the last time was in March of 2012.  But do soufflés make a memorable meal?  Indeed!  We’re still talking about the 2012 occassion to this day.  Trust me.  There’s no better way to treat your special people than a cheese soufflé and a little wine for lunch.

Recipe for Muenster Cheese Soufflés, p. 152, from Around My French Table, by Dorie Greenspan. Get the book, cook with us and join the fun at French Fridays with Dorie!

14 comments on “Muenster Cheese Soufflés w/French Fridays with Dorie”

1. Diane Balch

Wow, the cheese is just oozing out looks so appetizing… wonderful souffles.

Amy Andrews

Hi Diane! Ya, had to sacrifice the pretty napkin but it was so worth it! 🙂

Amy Andrews

Thanks, Diane! Amazing how fast they de-pouffed, but I was ready to snap their photo and they oozed on queue! 🙂

2. Kathy

Beautiful looking souffles! I love how perfect they look…you can actually see the cheese melting! Very nice!

Amy Andrews

Hi Kathy! Don’t you just love melted cheese?! Soufflé, panini, quesedilla, those crispy bits are the best! Thanks for the note.

3. Margaret

Souffle looks perfect!

4. Teresa

Beautiful! I like your comment about the group helping reset your priorities – it certainly puts good eating front and centre!

5. Adriana

I had mine for breakfast and sure missed a chilled glass of wine on the side. 🙂

6. Cher

Its funny that you can remember how long its been since you’ve made a soufflé! Lovely job

7. Candy (Dulce)

Your souffle looks delicious! Funny, I guess there were a few dishes to wash, but it didn’t seem excessive for a AMFT recipe. 🙂
    Happy that you enjoyed this – and the group!!

8. Betsy

I agree this is more like a once a year recipe than everyday. It does look wonderful though.

9. Tricia

Oh yum- yours look amazing ! Yes, this recipe had me wondering why I have not made a soufflé recently. And why I do not have “smelly cheeses” more often. Great job~

10. Amy Andrews
    Amy Andrews

Cynde — I’m so sorry. We will check into this and fix it.